Enough with the musings on with the campaigning

The many faces of Mrs Harrison
I've had a week of stepping out of the shadows and putting myself into the public eye and I have been really appreciative of the positive feedback and messages of encouragement that I have received from many different quarters and for the offers of support and assistance.  I've continued thinking about what I can bring to Community Board and about what I value about living in Cromwell.  

I've read the candidate profiles on the CODC website click here to read them for yourself.  It is great to see a range of people passionate about our town willing to stand for public office.  I'm sure Cromwell will be well represented out of this bunch.  So, why should anyone vote for me... 

Mad Deputy Principal skills

I bring my mad Deputy Principal skills to the table.  I think there are probably quite a few cross over skills here including patience, negotiation, advocacy, active listening and problem solving.  I also do quite a lot of conflict resolution, sign language and a bit of singing - you never know when that combo is going to come in handy.

I bring a future focus.  I want to think about what comes next for Cromwell, to see the establishment of a clear plan for continued growth and development for our town that ensures we maintain the lifestyle that brings people here.  I want to ensure that we don't lose our open spaces, greenways and easy access to our lake and walkways.  I want to see the needs of families and young people taken into consideration when decisions are made.

A future focus is important to develop solutions rather than creating more problems
So, now I need to get my message out.  I've had some advice from more seasoned campaigners and I have a plan for what comes next.  I am busy preparing flyers and campaign boards to go out in our community.  I will be speaking at the meet the candidates meeting on Monday 19 September at the Golden Gate Conference Centre.  I will of course be out and about in our community in all the usual places at school, at the supermarket, at the pool and making the most of our fabulous environment.

Look out for my flyer in your mail box in early September


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lamb Shanks with sweet chilli and black bean

Lummox number three turns 14!

Community consultation, conversations and questions